In your purse:
1. Use a small makeup bag to keep some medicine, a small brush, creams or makeup. I like carrying wet towels, because they are handy to clean your face between flights. Especially if you have several connections.
When you go through the checkpoints you just need to take your makeup bag out (there's where you carry the "liquids" in your plastic bag) and it's faster if you have it in one place.
2. Keep your traveling documents organized. I use a long wallet with tabs. I keep my passport and traveling documents there, so when I go to the airline counter or checkpoint it's fast and easy to grab and the papers are already organized.
In your hand luggage:
1. Keep and extra pair of underwear and extra outfit. You never know when you're going to be stranded at an airport or your main luggage lost (has happened to me). I also like to carry and umbrella and a trench coat or a light coat (airports tend to get cold.)
2. Carry snacks. You never know if you will get a bit hungry, or you have to wait for your flight. Always confirm before going into the plane if your dietary requests were granted. For example, I'm vegetarian and I always request vegetarian food. However, there has been times when the meal is not confirmed, so the airline gives you vouchers to buy food from the airport (this has happened to me in transatlantic flights.)
3. Take warm socks with you. I always keep socks to wear in the flight, because I get cold. These particular ones were a Christmas gift from a friend, they are handmade wooly socks.
1. Go make up free. I don't like wearing makeup during long flights (over 17 hours of traveling.) The face just feels super dirty, and sticky. When I'm about to arrive to my destination I put some concelear, and mascara, and double a creamy lip tint as blush.
2. Wear comfy clothes. I usually wear leggings, a loose long top, and pair it with a blazer and flats. I take an extra coat because it gets cold in airports.
3. Avoid in flight soft drinks or alcohol. I usually drink water, either natural or sparkling. When you get to your destination you'll notice that you might be a bit dehydrated, so drink a lot of water!
I hope these tips helped you. If you have some others please leave in the comments below.
I'll try to make more posts while I'm in Mexico.